6-Monthly Release CycleRelease plan
MicroStream release plan and support model
Every 6 months a new Java version is coming out. To ensure that MicroStream runs with the latest Java version, we go along with the Java release cycle.
This means that we also release a new MircoStream major release every 6 months, scheduled every April and October.
Major releases contain bug fixes and new features. The upcoming major release MicroStream version 3 is scheduled for April 2020.
- Open Source
- Driven by our fast growing community
- Dynamic development of new features, concepts and innovations
- Timely adjustments to the latest Java versions
- Open Source database connectors
- PostgreSQL, Maria DB, SQLite
- Plain-File Storage
- Updates free for 6 months
- Every 6 months a new version is published
- Updates always for the latest version
- Community support on GitHub & StackOverflow
For enterprises using MicroStream for business critical applications or products:
- Enterprise database connectors
Database connectors for all supported data storage solution.
- Enterprise-grade Security
Long-term enhenced security updates to eliminate vulnerabilities.
- Enterprise-grade Support
- Development support
- Production support
- Long-Term Support (LTS)
Update Warranty - Updates for 8 years guaranted.